Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Installment 4 of Dreamcatcher

After I finish writing in my diary I take a shower and brush my teeth. Toothpaste is instantly washed off the smooth, white tub floor. The floor is also washed clean of shampoo and soap as a constant stream of scalding water pounds my back and head. I adjust the water and continue washing.

I reach around to wash my back. My arm stops, having discovered a block. I drop the sponge and reach back again. My fingers brush something scaly and I jerk back, my mind clouding over with the haze of panic that occasionally plagued me.

I clear my head, relaxing, barely managing either. I slowly pull the curtain back, not even hearing the many clinks coming from the metal rings attaching the screen to a metal rack. I creep over to the fog covered mirror and wipe it clean with my towel, I glimpse something green and gold behind me, I whip around... but I can't see anything.

I reach back and to feel for the scaly thing again. It isn't there. I look back at the mirror and there is nothing there. I wonder what's with all the strange things happening lately. Something tells me the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment